Shielded Metal Arc Welding - commonly referred to as Stick
Welding. This process melts and joins
metals by heating the metals with an arc between a coated metal electrode and
the work piece. The outer coating of an
electrode is known as Flux. Flux forms a shield that protects the weld from
contamination and allows for easier weldability.
Advantages of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
• Can be used on any weldable material due to the alloying
elements in the flux
• Due to the flux coated electrode, the process can be used
in any outdoor environment, as there is no need for external shielding
• Can be used in all welding positions
• Shielded metal arc welding is the most portable of all
welding processes, and the easiest to set up
So for a premium rutile electrode that consistently delivers in terms of high performance and quality - look no further!
The Afrox welding consumables factory adopts best manufacturing practices for all their welding consumables, together with conformance to leading quality assurance programmes such as ISO. Our Research and development capabilities and highly skilled laboratory technicians, welders and metallurgists have all contributed to ensuring that the highest quality standards are maintained. This is one of the many reasons why Vitemax is seen as the benchmark for general purpose electrodes in the market.
Some Key Features :
• Consistency and superior weldability characteristics which include a smooth, quiet arc action
• Low spatter loss with gook striking and re-striking characteristics
• Excellent slag detachability which is normally self-lifting
• Conforms to international approval standards such as SABS, TUV, ABS and Lloyds register.